US Segmentation (Pharmaceutical)
To create actionable segmentation of US medical oncologists in order to determine early adopters and priority targets at launch and post-launch.
A major pharmaceutical company was preparing for launch of a new oncology product and needed to understand personas, product usage patterns, products used, ability to affect change within their practice and develop an actionable typing tool in order to change physician behavior through techniques and focused tactics.
- Kick-Off Meeting was conducted via In-Person Workshop with hypothesis formation.
- In-person qualitative study followed by telephone in-depth interviews (60 min).
- N=30 US physicians.
- 30-minute online quantitative survey with 400 physicians to confirm qualitative findings.
- Insights from qualitative research helped to formulate key target segments based on attitudes and behaviors identified.
- Attitudes were used to develop quantitative study criteria.
- Study results were used to develop typing tool to identify customer segments for all future research studies.
©Healthcare Research & Analytics. All rights reserved 2020.
Recent Case Studies
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A time-critical emergency medication delivery system used widely by EMTs and military medics was being considered for use in intensive and critical care with an entirely new group of users. At the same time, the concept was...
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: This client was planning to release new service plans for an existing line of hospital-based automated solutions and wanted to understand their existing customer receptivity to the attributes of the proposed service plans....
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: This client was interested in understanding the market opportunity for a new product in China and wanted to identify regional differences, usage, types of products used, current prices, reimbursement and willingness to pay, etc....
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A major pharmaceutical company was preparing for launch of a new cardiovascular product and needed to gauge cardiologists perceptions of key messages and the likelihood to drive usage; prioritize claims that support brand...
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A major pharmaceutical company was preparing to launch an IV formulation of a well-established oral drug for use in hospitalized patients. The client wanted to determine the optimal communication strategy for physicians at...