US Brand Positioning and Message Testing (Pharmaceutical)
Gauge reaction to product positioning statement; Identify the most compelling messages; Pinpoint the optimal flow of messages.
A major pharmaceutical company was preparing to launch an IV formulation of a well-established oral drug for use in hospitalized patients. The client wanted to determine the optimal communication strategy for physicians at launch.
HRA employed a bi-modal qualitative research approach:
- In-Person In-Depth Interviews (IDIs) and Telephone In-Depth Interviews (TDIs)
- Physicians were asked to review and evaluate brand positioning statement and Target Product Profile (TPP).
- Physicians engaged in an exercise to select the most compelling messages that best support positioning and prioritize key elements to create an ideal story flow.
- The insights captured from study showed that the product would fill an unmet need and uncovered a potentially new positioning opportunity beyond just the hospital setting.
- The most effective themes and story flow were identified, in order to ensure the key messages resonated with the target audience and recommendations were made to refine messages to achieve greatest impact.
©Healthcare Research & Analytics. All rights reserved 2021.
Recent Case Studies
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A time-critical emergency medication delivery system used widely by EMTs and military medics was being considered for use in intensive and critical care with an entirely new group of users. At the same time, the concept was...
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: This client was planning to release new service plans for an existing line of hospital-based automated solutions and wanted to understand their existing customer receptivity to the attributes of the proposed service plans....
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: This client was interested in understanding the market opportunity for a new product in China and wanted to identify regional differences, usage, types of products used, current prices, reimbursement and willingness to pay, etc....
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A major pharmaceutical company was preparing for launch of a new cardiovascular product and needed to gauge cardiologists perceptions of key messages and the likelihood to drive usage; prioritize claims that support brand...
Case Study Business ObjectiveSituation: A major pharmaceutical company was preparing for launch of a new oncology product and needed to understand personas, product usage patterns, products used, ability to affect change within their practice and develop an actionable...