Oncology Pathways: Future of Incentive-Driven Adherence
Gain insight into the future of incentive-driven pathway adherence and understand the impact of this practice and for pharmaceutical manufacturers
HRA’s most recent syndicated study tackles the future of incentive-driven pathway adherence by asking key questions that will inform the future of this practice and outline for pharmaceutical manufacturers steps that they can take to become an active part of the conversation. Key research topics we include are an Oncology Practice Overview, Drivers of Clinical Pathways Use – Payers, Drivers of Clinical Pathways Use – Oncologists, and Implications of Clinical Pathways Use for Manufacturers. HRA uses a multi-phased method which includes, extensive literature search/”desk research”, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Drivers of clinical pathways use among payers and key attributes defining decision-making, such as perceived value, impact on patient care and cost of care, as well as current adherence incentive schemes in place
- Drivers of clinical pathways use among oncologists, including financial impact of pathways for oncologists and their practices, influence these practitioners have on pathway development, the level of decision-making authority over pathway use, perceptions of current adherence-focused incentive programs, and access to and use of non-pathway products
- Implications of clinical pathways use for manufacturers, covering the impact of pathways on select tumor types, expected expansion trends for pathways, the importance of biomarker testing, the relationship between oncologists, pathway designers, and manufacturers, and the impact of pathways on clinical trials
- And more!
- Understand how and by whom the pathways are developed and the role of oncologists, health systems, payers, and third party vendors
- Map out the goals of requiring providers to follow pathways, including such factors as standardization of patient care and improving predictability of costs
- Gauge the receptivity of oncologists to the use of clinical pathways and the impact of incentives to use pathways on their behavior
- Determine the impact of clinical pathways on patient care
- Assess the implications of clinical pathway use for manufacturers